2020 Crystal Ball: Be a Hero
Calling all Heroes!
You’re invited to our 55th Annual Crystal Ball: Be a Hero fundraiser which benefits the programs offered by our two locations and families we serve in the greater St. Charles County communities.
DATE: February 8, 2020
LOCATION: Ameristar Casino
TIME: 5:30 p.m. Registration Opens / 7:00 p.m. Dinner is served
ATTIRE: Formal attire with heroic elements
The evening will also include several Heroic inspired activities, cocktails, and both silent and live auctions for some amazing items and different experiences.
- Hulk Smash – for a donation of $25 guests are given the opportunity to punch their way to a prize.
- Kryptonite – for a donation of $50 guests get to “dig” through our jewels in hopes to find a real loose stone while avoiding Kryponite.
- Most Superheroes Don’t Wear Capes – for a donation of $100 guests receive a superhero bear and an opportunity to take home any live auction item of their choice!
Be sure to watch our Facebook Page for updates on items included in the evenings’ auctions.
How to Simplify Your Check-in At the Event
We have partnered with OneCause/Bid-Pal for this event which will allow us to simplify your participation in our Activities, Auction Bids, and Donations by using a pre-determined debit/credit card to complete your transactions. This means, having cash on hand is not required! To do so, we’ll be using their Mobile App through the evening to easily connect to their software services. To simplify your Check-in at the door, please follow these three steps:
- Download the free OneCause App from your Apple App Store or the Google Play Store prior to arrival.
- Please set-up the App by identifying the credit/debit card you would like associated with your account for purchases through the App.
- Be sure to charge your phone so you have ample battery to participate through the evening.
Why We Need Your Help…
For more than 60 years, Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Charles County (BGCSTC) has delivered life-changing programs to vulnerable youth right here in St. Charles County. Today, BGCSTC serves over 1100 young people annually, ages 6-18 years of age, through our Club membership and community outreach programs through our two facilities located in St. Charles and O’Fallon, MO.
These programs emphasize Academic Success, Good Character & Citizenship, and Healthy Lifestyles. While St. Charles County is a thriving community, there are families within the boundaries of our county who struggle to provide for their families. Over 62% of the children served by BGCSTC are considered “at-risk” meaning they live below the federally determined poverty level. Over 28% of the Club’s members live in single-parent households, live with relatives, or reside in foster or group housing. Besides providing a safe place for their kids to go after school or during the summer, many of those families also rely on our ability to provide a snack or meal for their child. In fact, from September 2017 through June 2018, BGCSTC served over 32,000 meals and snacks to its members and guests free of charge.
While we do charge a nominal membership to help cover our operative costs, we still need the help of businesses and individuals in our community to execute and extend the reach of our programs so that no child is left behind. Your participation in this event and generous donations throughout the year, help us to continue to bridge that financial gap and continue to serve the children in our community and give them the best opportunity for a fulfilling future.